Saturday 2 June 2018

Movie Review:


Movie Review: Crazy People.

CRAZY PEOPLE.


CRAZY PEOPLE, is a comic thriller that features a host of popular actors, ranging from Ramsey Noah, Chigurl, Shola Shobowale, Desmond Elliot and a host of others. Written, Produce and Directed by Moses Inwang, Crazy People is a skillfully directed stunner that will leave you questioning the mind of the writer.

Crazy People is a tale of a schizophrenia who is cajoled into believing he is a popular Nollywood actor and will stop at nothing to reclaim his rightful position.


As with Alter Ego, Moses Inwang delivers yet another mind boggling flick. The plot of this movie is fresh and new. A play out of the mind of a schizophrenia is a tale that has never been told by any Nollywood movie, in that sense, I would commend the writer for his creativity however, this play out was not one that was very welcomed by the viewers at the cinema.

From the get go, we were totally abandoned to our confusions and questions and when we finally realized that none of us had the answer to each other’s questions, we reluctantly waited for the explanation to unfold.

One annoying confusion I had was why no other person but the viewers could see the Ramsey Noah’s imposter, who clearly was Ramsey Noah. In my opinion, if the writer wanted to play that much ‘Sherlock Holmes’ with our minds, he could have shown the real character’s reflection whenever he walked past a mirror or any other reflector. But what do I know?

Second issue I had with this movie was the activities that played out at the meeting point of the real and fake Ramsey Noah. We had gone through enough pain that it was total cruelty to have us seat back and re-watch all the scenes where the fake Ramsey featured in from the eyes of his co-actors. Nah! We didn’t need that; our mind could have figured that one out.

And finally, when Chigurl revealed the reason behind her intent: That she was trying to get Desmond Elliot’s attention, how? The bone of contention was Ramsey Noah, so how then was she trying to get Desmond’s attention? I mean, how did she know that Desmond will be there that day? Was she part of the writers of the script? Or was she privy to some information that no one else in the movie had? Again, in my opinion, the movie should have just ended at the point where the two Ramseys met, period.  

Now that I have expressed my dissatisfactions with this movie, let’s discuss the ups.

Crazy People made one thing evident: the cinematography department of Nollywood movies always made sure to out-do their predecessors and Crazy People is presently carrying the baton. I was excited and extremely impressed as I saw the beauty that each scene held. Remarkable! Crispy clean shots, impressive camera angles, lightings to perfection, no hint of shadows at all; In fact, the cinematography of this movie surely scored them 2 points out of my 5! The entire DOP crew needs to be treated for this!

The soundtrack was another aspect that thrilled me. It was an enjoyable compilation of sweet Nigerian music that would have you bopping your head up and down as each scene unfolds.

Now the Characters:


I would like to specially applaud the actors for a flawless interpretation of their roles, not once did they give up any suspicion until the end of the movie.

First, let’s talk Chigurl. She held the baton really tight man. The lady was so consumed by her role that one would think it was her real life. She made us understand that she was a good actor who can play the silly ass igbotic accented fat lady or a serious, 110 IQ writer in a remarkable way. I was impressed to say the least.

Ramsey Noah, my guy. I liked the part where he dissed his role in My Wife & I, oh that was hilarious. He was pure Ramsey Noah: aggressive, determined and extremely believable.

All other characters did just fine and successfully delivered a good movie. In summary, Crazy people, is one movie you should watch with an open mind and have no intention of prediction. On a scale of zero to five, this baby girl gives this movie a THREE AND A HALF, because it takes more than just the storyline to rate a good movie and the freshness of the writer’s creativity is worth applauding.

I recommend this movie to you if you are open to new ideas and are willing to spend some time at the cinema, just bear in mind the title of the film ‘Crazy People’ with this, you will certainly not be thrown off guard.

Go, see the movie, have fun and tell me what you feel about it in the comment section below. Hopefully, the next time I go see a movie I can get your verbal reaction of what you think about the movie #Wink

Full Cast
Ramsey Noah
Chigurl
Shola Shobowale
Ireti Doyle
Desmond Eliot
Funny Bone

Liked this review? I would appreciate it if you'd share it with a friend, family member, or colleague!
Leave a comment, share your thoughts on this article and tell me what movie you would like me to review next, I want to hear from you!

……….Talk2urHommie……….




No comments:

Post a Comment